Candidate Resources

Registering for GST and HST/QST

A key difference between working as a Contractor and as an Employee is that (in most cases) Contractors must charge GST for their service. In order to do this, Contractors must obtain a GST number from the Canadian Revenue Agency. For contractors whose businesses are located in Quebec, Revenu Québec administers GST/HST.

Useful links: